Development & Alumni
The Development Department at CLS welcomes donations and financial support for the work of the Seminary. The formation of great pastors and other church leaders is possible because of the resources available at the Seminary: the professors, support staff, library, and much more. Graduates from CLS are well-schooled in theology and the other disciplines of church ministry. Most become pastors in LCC and the work of the Seminary is essential for the continued leadership of the church. A member of the Board of Regents recently pointed out the irreplaceable role the seminary plays in the circle of growth and service of lay people and pastors living and working in thechurch.
Seminary education is graduate-level education and comes at a substantial cost for seminarians and for the school. Tuition alone for the four years (including vicarage) exceeds $24,000. Added to that is the cost of books and living expenses. Stats Canada calculated the average “Cost of Living” in Edmonton is over $75,000 per year for a family of four. Your support, through financial donations, is essential to the Seminary’s work. Please consider contributing to the Seminary.
- Direct contributions (see the response card) can be brought in to the Seminary at 7040 Ada Blvd. or mailed through the Post to the Seminary.
- Online contributions can be made through CanadaHelps at http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=s3210.
- Donation can be made to your local church; make sure it’s designated for Concordia Lutheran Seminary.
- On-going Pre-Authorized Debit donations can be set up (see the form and terms or call the Development office, 780-474-1468 ext. 229).
- Endowment Funds and Planned Giving gifts can be arranged through Lutheran Foundation of Canada.
phone: (780) 474-1468 ext. 225
fax: (780) 479-3067