Vision & Values
- To provide confessional Lutheran theological formation for students, pastors and laypeople.
- To graduate pastors to serve Lutheran ChurchCanada, and other Churches, who are qualified, adaptable, and committed to being servants.
- To instill in students a desire to reach out with the Gospel.
- To utilize a variety of educational delivery systems.
- To foster communication between the Seminary and the Church
- To increase the financial vitality of the Seminary.
- The Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions as the Seminary’s source and norm for teaching and life.
- Our unique context as a seminary of Lutheran Church-Canada.
- A positive relationship between the seminary, the Church, and the wider community.
- The special mission given to the seminary by God and the Church: to carefully and faithfully prepare pastors for ministry.
- The gifts, talents, and qualifications present among the Seminary’s students, faculty and staff.
- Life-long learning by the Seminary’s students, faculty and staff.
- Relationships nurtured and shaped by Law and Gospel.
- Opportunities to provide confessional Lutheran theological education for the Church and throughout the wider community.
- The opportunity to provide theological formation in the Canadian context.