President & Governance
- CLS has a strong grounding in confessional Lutheranism.
- CLS has a 10 year ATS accreditation.
- CLS is small which allows us to individually know each student and to serve as a model community small group leadership a possibility.
- CLS can be responsive to the needs of the Seminary community and church.
- CLS is able to communicate directly with one another.
- CLS has a committed and competent faculty and staff.
- CLS has committed donors.
- CLS is accredited.
- CLS has growing endowment funds.
- CLS has supportive churches willing to partner in forming seminarians through field work program.
- The Mission Study Centre has been well received and adds a unique element to the education offered by the seminary.
- Our church body is receptive to financially support the Seminary’s mission.
- CLS has the opportunity to provide pastors to the LCC that desire to be servants for Christ’s sake.
- CLS exists in close proximity to Concordia University College of Alberta, to the ABC District expertise, contact with the church.
- CLS enjoys close proximity to three local seminaries.
- CLS is able to provide Service to laity and pastors in Western Canada.
- CLS has ability and desire to be innovative with programs.
- CLS has several trained and capable adjunct professors.
- CLS is open to a variety of models for ministry.
- Respond appropriately to the manifold but unforeseeable changes the future will bring
- Providing distance education with the present resources of people and money
- Preparing students to serve in extraordinary ministries
- Visioning a new model for forming pastors for ministry in LCC
- Vision a future much differently then the past
- Create an environment of care and concern within the seminary community
- Implementation of a curriculum review
- CLS is one of two seminaries in Lutheran ChurchCanada.
- CLS serves confessional Lutheranism in western Canada.
- Curriculum review to serve the church and community
- Provide for the growth of a diversified student body, to meet the needs of the church and society
- Call the fifth faculty member
- Increase the financial vitality of the institution
- Improve communication with the church